Scout has always been a great source of my happiness.
- From the way she tries to, quietly, wake me up in the morning – shaking my shoulder lightly and whispering “mum” into my ear.
- The unhealthy relationship she has with watching “Scooby Doo”.
- Her excitement when we go to a craft shop and she knows she can get a Ring Pop, (today’s flavor was Berry Blue).
- How she tries so hard, a little too hard, to fart on her Daddy.
- The way she twirls round and round and shouts, “I’m dancin’.”
- How she wakes up in the middle of the night and sneakily crawls in between me and Shawn as we sleep.
- The way she leans into your cup of ice cream, hoping for a big spoonful.
- Her shoe obsession. Doesn’t matter if they match or not.
- How her hair is always so crazy.
- How she jumps into the pool without a care in the world. It doesn’t matter how cold the water is. It doesn’t matter how deep the water is.
- Her preference of Scooby Snack, (fruit snacks), Capri Sun, peanut butter sandwiches and chicken nuggets. With ketchup. And lots of it.
- The way she finds a toy that hasn’t been played with for a while. The look on her face is so bright and innocent.
And then there’s that face. It’s ever changing.