I certainly can not believe that it’s been two months since my last post. Time has travelled at lightning speed around here. Here I am all the same. I spent quite a bit of my time in the hospital trying to get my head straight. I am still going to my ECT treatments weekly. The upside was that for a while I really was feeling a bit better. The downside is that last week that high turned into quite a low and I may have to be hospitalized again. That has yet to be determined.
Another downside is that I’ve had some severe memory loss, (maybe that’s why time seems to go by so quickly, I just can’t remember it). My phone number eludes me. I repeat the same question over and over because I simply can’t remember asking the first time around. I forget the names of movies, (which is fairly traumatic since I’m a total movie buff and I used to be so sharp), and books. I imagine this is what Alzheimer’s feels like only I’m aware that I am losing my memories.
But here I am, all the same. So what has been going on?
Sundara Collection: Burnt Caramel
After saving all of my pennies I finally got a new Blythe. Her name is Peyton and she’s a Sunshine Holiday.
Once or twice I’ve picked up my Pfeiffer Falls, (from last Winter’s Interweave Knits), and knit a few rows.
Scout is still as cute as can be. She’s just a bit smarter than before.
* Dalton is very ill I’m afraid. He’s lost a considerable amount of weight. When he hunches over to drink water or eat his kibble you can see that he’s turning into a bag of bones which is completely abnormal for my Fatty McFat Fat cat. Oh how I ♥ him.
* Jem turned 11 yesterday. Eleven. I have a tween on my hands.
* Shawn’s hours have been cut so now he has Fridays off. Financially it’s hurt us, but I have to admit that it’s nice to have him around more often. He’s been a great help during my ECT treatments.
* I am trying to get back on track with my swaps but I tell you, when you lose your memory it’s hard to remember why someone sent you a package in the first place! Slowly I’m getting my *hit together though.
* While I was in the hospital I was able to see an orthopedist. They did X-rays and a DEXA Scan, (which is to rule out osteoporosis). My DEXA Scan came out fine, however, my X-rays did not. I broke my ankle when I was sixteen and then again when I was 22. My foot was not set correctly and I had an array of problems after the second fracture. The X-rays show that there is still a fracture. I’ve been told that I could have surgery to reset it but I am going to wait until after summer. No reason to be sitting in a cast in this nasty weather. The weather’s gotten so bad that I broke out in a heat rast under my arms! I think that’s enough discomfort for one season.
* Shawn and I have been dieting for the past three weeks. Even though I eat healthier than he does he’s lost more weight than I have. It doesn’t help that the previous medications I took all had weight gain as a “risk”. But we are doing fairly well. I’m very proud that he’s been sticking to it.
That’s all I can really think of for now. Not much in the sense of knitting or crafting. I am going to be dedicating this Fourth of July weekend to getting all of my sewing and knit projects out of the way. It’s time to start fresh!