In some parts of the world they are ringing in the New Year but here in So Cal we are 10 hours away from the beginning of a new year. I anticipate the new year. I welcome it’s newness. I welcome the resolutions. I welcome a fresh start.
I even welcome crossing over some of my projects that I started in my haste to cast on a new yarn. I decided to make Shawn a pair of socks for his birthday with the Malabrigo he bought me for Christmas. I’m making it up as I go along. I’m enjoying using a new yarn. I’m enjoying each stitch. I think of when he will put these socks on to ward off the nip in the air this winter. How they will comfort him. How they will remind him that someone cares so much for him. As of today, I have 28 days to finish. It shouldn’t be a problem but I find that my knitting has dwindled a bit with the holidays.
I decided on a twisted rib for the cuff, much more clean and elastic in my opinion. The rest will be a garter stitch rib found in a stitch dictionary.
As for my resolutions, well they are simple.
1. My goal is to read 48 books this year.
2. Take formal sewing classes, (this starts next Tuesday).
3. Finish the confounded Vogue Cable Tunic from 2005.
4. Knit more teddy bears for the Mother Bear Project.
5. Get back to exercising 3-4 times a week.
6. Join the Santa Clarita Quilter’s Guild.
7. Live simple.
I hope everyone has a happy and safe New Years! Cheers.