The plan was to make a cute little cupcake hat for Scouts second birthday. I started it lastnight. I felt I might end procrastinating on making this for her because I have so many things to do. As simple as I’d like my life to be I am still busy on a day to day basis. This week is especially insane.
- Wednesday, (today) – French 1 class, we have a dictation
- Thursday- Knott’s Scary Farm
- Friday- Jem’s therapy appointment
- Saturday-Blythe Doll Show in L.A., dinner at Buca di Beppo and then a 10:30 showing of “Saw V”
- Sunday- Target shopping, (which can be quite extensive if one isn’t careful), and a day at Boo at the Zoo. (The L.A. zoo has a special weekend when they do Halloween activities and we figured we should take advantage seeing as we are members.)
So, as busy as we are I had to make some time and I cast on for the hat last night. By morning I was knitting the frosting and I just finished up.
Knit on US 8’s with some Red Heart Soft Yarn in cream and chocolate. Cherries were crocheted for me by someone on Etsy since I can’t crochet for squat, though I did do a picot edge around the brim of the frosting.
It’s getting harder and harder to photograph an almost two year old on the run. Sorry for the horrible fuzziness. She loves her new hat and had her big brother try it on. Now he wants one.
As for the Mittens I have to say that I am very disappointed with the pattern. The actual charts were just fine. It’s the sizing. I’ve contemplated quite a bit and asked myself, “Do I know anyone with a size 8″ circumference hand?” I cannot answer that because I simply do not know anyone with a size 8″ circumference hand. My gauge was a bit bigger so I decided on using those needles and continue. The mitts should have been bigger, right? Wrong. Somehow, some way, they are entirely too small. They barely fit Jem’s hands. He wants those too, though. So I will gift them to him and maybe start another pair for myself. Four skeins of Koigu can easily make two pair. Maybe even a baby pair for Scout. She should have something handknit to open on her birthday, right?