With the summer season comes a variety of delicious summer fruits. I love nectarines, grapes, watermelon, and most of all: strawberries. Strawberry ice cream, jam, shortcake, lemonade… You name it, we’ve been making it over the summer months.
Last night I decided to try out a new strawberry recipe which proved to be both simple and satisfying.
Edited to add swap questionnaire:
- Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been at your craft? I’ve been knitting for 8 years and I crochet, very rarely, (I admit I’m not that good).
- Do you spin? What type of spinning do you do? I don’t spin.
- Are there any other crafts that you participate in? I make jewelry, (mainly pearls, crystals and seed beads), quilt and sew, and I alter scrapbooks/journals.
- What are your favorite yarns/fibers? Some of my favorites include: Koigu KPPPM, Karabella Aurora 8, Blue Moon Fiber Arts Lightweight Sock Yarn, Louet Gems, and Rowan Wool/Cotton.
- What are your LEAST favorite yarns/fibers? I don’t like tweedy yarns or novelty type yarns.
- Are there any types/brands of yarn that you are dying to work with but haven’t gotten a chance? I’d love me some Sundara, of course. I’d also like to try Blue Sky Alpacas Royal. I’ve never knit with it but I’ve felt it. Yum!
- What are your favorite types of projects to knit/crochet? Sweaters and socks.
- What are you currently working on? Anything you plan to start this autumn? My second Central Park Hoodie and my own sock design.
- What is your favorite FO? (Please, post a picture if you would like.) Right now I think my favorite is the Rib and Lace Tank from Interweave Knits, Spring 07.
- What is your oldest UFO? Cabled cardigan from Vogue Knitting, Winter 05. I’d love to have it done by Winter this year.
- Are their any knitting/crochet techniques that you would like to learn? I’d like to work on my crochet skills.
- Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes! I have a 9 1/2″ foot circumference. I was born with a wide foot and high instep.
- Do you have a yarn winder and/or a swift? No, but I have my eyes on one that’s on Etsy.
- Where/how to you keep you needles/hooks? My long needls are in a vase and my circulars in needle holders that my grandmother made me a few years ago.
- Do you collect anything? Not currently. I am pining away for a Blythe doll. Once I get one I will collect clothes and probably more dolls.
- What is your favorite type of music? Are you MP3 ready? I love bands like Linkin Park, System of a Down, and Fall Out Boy. I also like R&B, Rap, Reggae, Pop… I have an iPod but it’s not working right now.
- Do you like sweets? What are your favorites? I love gourmet popcorn. And anything peanut butter chocolate is good too! Oh, and Werther’s caramels.
- What is your living situation like? Any pets? Children? It’s me and Shawn and our two kids: Jem, 10 years old and Scout, 19 months old. We also have a Siamese cat named Dalton and a Beta fish named Gil.
- Are you allergic to anything? Mosquito bites!
- Do you have an online wish list (Amazon, Etsy, Loopy Ewe, etc.)? Please include links for your swap pal. I have an online wish list through Amazon, (using my email address).
- Are you having a birthday during this swap? Yes, November 27th. Thanksgiving day I believe.
- What is your Ravelry ID? BluEyedPenny