Cause I seem to keep losing mine. My beads. Not my marbles. Though some might disagree.
Beading seems to be what it’s all about this weekend. With a little knitting thrown in. I did finish the right front to the Central Park Hoodie and am currently doing both sleeves at the same time. I’m still trying to figure out how I can ease those eight measly rows into the back. I am in denial. I know that I will have to frog. But I’m avoiding it. Denial is not just a river in Egypt.
Shawn made yet another beautiful ring and we’ve decided to add his talents over at Ewe Bitch. So if you are looking for that custom ring, he’s the man to see. Look at how pretty this is one is:
He was so excited to make another since we still had the supplies from the previous ring. He didn’t have a mandrel, so suprise! I bought him one when I was at the bead shop. He made this one in about an hour. So with that, we are “debuting” the two rings he made on Etsy and offering custom made rings. Go check it out. (K, plug over.)
While he was ring making, I was working on three things til about 4 a.m. (I know, I should be getting a decent amount of sleep but I was beading and watching mysteries all night. I. Could. Not. Stop. One was a custom order on Etsy for a pair of pearl cluster dangles:
Still needs some filler pearls but I think these are going to come out gorgeous.
I bought these crystals a couple weeks ago. I was inspired by a bracelet on an online bead shop but ended up making something completely different. It’s nice to have that challenge. With knitting you really have to follow the pattern to get the right end result. But with beads, there is such a variety. It’s a great medium.
I also made some flower dangles for the shop. I had copper and blue on my mind and I think they came out quite nice:
I seem to be on a blue kick lately. Can’t help it though, it’s such a perfect color. I just can’t get enough.
And in about 15 hours Shawn will be leaving for another week in Bakersfield. Another week of an empty void. You’d think we’d get sick of each other and relish the though of a mini vacation, like his coworkers. And while I will enjoy having the queen sized bed to myself, having a little alone time to read and catch up on my DVR shows and new Blockbuster account, (I decided to see what the fuss is about with online movie shops and guess what? since I already have an account I can get a free trial through Blockbuster and guess what? they have all the “Midsomer Murders” on DVD that I haven’t seen and guess what? that ROCKS!), not having to cook elaborate meals, (Shawn is spoiled), and having the baby in bed by 8:30, I will miss him waking me up at 5:30 in the morning to tell me he loves me, or having him come home at 3 and seeing Scout go absolutely monkey crazy cause daddy is home, or even watching him play him computer games. (That was a fairly long run on sentence wasn’t it?)
So the plan:
* Stop by the LYS and pick up more US 2’s (double points) for my new Mingus from Cookie. I did a gauge swatch but won’t be able to make my size on 1’s. And for some reason, I can’t find my multiple sets of 2’s.
* Stop by the fabric shop for some backing to the doll quilt that I need to finish.
* Take Scout to the zoo. This time wearing more comfy shoes. And going earlier in the morning so I don’t sweat so much. Yeah, I sweat. Who wouldn’t in this 80 degree weather when you are walking what seems like uphill for 3 hours!
* Take Scout to the lake. I’m thinking a little picnic and some running around just might be fun.
* Watch all the shows recorded on my DVR. I still have to watch, “The Memory Keeper’s Daughter”, a couple of two hour “Matlock” shows, some “Murder, She Wrote” and the first few episodes of “The Tudors”.
* Bake. I find solitude in baking. Especially when I’m alone. Plus, it makes the house smell yummy.
Expect lots of updates this week! I have to do something with my time. Including playing catch up on all the blogs I read. I think I’m up to about 75 blogs I read on a normal basis. You guys are just too good.