1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? My favorite yarns are Rowan Wool/Cotton, Blue Sky Alpacas Wool/Silk, Koigu, Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? My grandmother made me two knitting needle cases out of some fabric a few years ago. They are my absolute favorite!
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I learned how to knit in 2000. I asked some ladies at a LYS to teach me and they did. I’d consider my level between intermediate and advanced.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I have an Amazon one. I think it’s under blueyedpenny(at)yahoo(dot)(com).
5. What’s your favorite scent? Warm Vanilla Sugar by Bath and Body Works.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I ♥ Chocolate! Milk chocolate. I love Werther’s Caramels too.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I used to me a scrapbooker, though I admit I haven’t done anything in a while. And I do some beading for stitch markers and some jewelry. (I just started recently.)
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Rock, like Linkin Park. Rap, like T.I. Country, like Tim Mcgraw. I pretty much like everything. Yes my computer plays MP3’s and I have an iPod.
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand? My favorite color is blue. I also like buttercup yellow and dark brown. I don’t like purple very much.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? It’s me, my fiancee, Shawn, and our two kids, Jem (9 years old) and Scout (7 months old). We have two cats, Dalton and Pepper.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Sometimes, no, yes, and no.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Sweaters and socks. I’ve also enjoyed a little bit of lace, (Charlotte’s Web), and I’m a bit eager to start something new.
13. What are you knitting right now? 1.) Fall 2006 Vogue Cabled Tunic 2.) Wicked by Zephyr and 3.) Socks for my SITM pal
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I tend to use my Susan Bates circulars, (sometimes Clover). And I prefer bamboo for my socks.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Not yet. But Shawn is going to make me one! YAY!
17. How old is your oldest UFO? Almost a year old.
18. What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving, (since I was born on Thanksgiving in 1980) and Christmas.
19. Is there anything that you collect? Yarn, books…Nothing in particular anymore.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I don’t subscribe to mags anymore. As for anything I’m dying to get my hands on…hmmm…nothing in particular I don’t think. I’m up for anything.
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn? I’d like to try dying my own yarn. And I’d like to try entrelac. It’s on my list, just not ready yet.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes I am! My measurements are: Circumference=9 1/2″, Length= 9 1/2″, Shoe Size= 9-9 1/2.
23. When is your birthday? November 27th, 1980
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what’s your ID? Not yet. I’m in the 300’s right now.