It’s Socks That Rock in Pink Granite and I think it looks even better in person than on the webiste. They forgot to send both my orders together so I should be getting another skein in the mail today or tomorrow. You’ll have to wait and see what I ordered.
Over the Fourth of July we hung out at home and BBQ’d. Dalton wasn’t too happy though because we couldn’t let him out due to the fireworks. My mom tortured him almost all night:
Scout had a chance to wear her new pink and white striped jumper, (I think this is by far my most favorite outfit so far):
I’ve also opened up my new Etsy, (I know, who hasn’t). I am lucky to have a number of bead stores in the area and decided that I’d like to make stitch markers. Afterall, I’m creative and I have a following out here in Canyon Country, (I’m pop-ular! LOL). Anywhoo, check it out! Here’s one set of my pearl stitch markers:
Check out Ewe Bitch Creations. That’s the name of our “company”. I will be adding some really cute cards soon, (good thing my mom works for a printer huh?) and postcards. There is a chance I will add some scrapbook albums, but that will be a bit further into the future. And if you are one of my regular blog readers I will offer you a special discount on a set of stitch markers!
My Hogwarts socks are almost done. I turned the heel and just need to finish the leg. I’m almost there! (I’m not including the weaving, because that’s the part I dread the most.) I started Wicked last night, but only got through about 3 or 4 rows. And there are two pair of socks waiting in the wings. Maybe three because I really want to get a pair of Cookie’s socks done. She rocks!
And for my questionnaire for my Sock it to Me Sock Swap:
1. What are your foot measurements? US 9 1/2 shoe, 9 1/2 circumference, 9″ long
2.How long have you been knitting? How would you rate your experience? I’ve been knitting for about 7 years and would say I’m intermediate/advanced. I still have a lot to learn.
3. What is your favorite color? Your least favorite color? Blues, Yellow and Chocolatey Browns. I don’t care for purple.
4.Do you have a favorite fiber? What type? I love Rowan Wool/Cotton, it’s probably my favorite tried and true yarn. I also like Blue Sky Alpacas Wool/Silk, Socks that Rock, (lightweight), Debbie Bliss Cashmerino, Koigu…I could go on and on.
5. Do you have any allergies to certain fibers? No allergies.
6. Do you have an Amazon, or other type of, wishlist? I have an Amazon wishlist, but I don’t think there’s anything on it right now.
7. What techniques, if any, would you like to learn? Entrelac
8. Do you have a sweet tooth? What are your favorite snacks? Oh yes I do. I love chocolate. And I love Werther’s Candies. YumO.
9. What is your family situation? (Children, Husband, Pets…etc.) My fiancee, Shawn, and I live together in Canyon Country, California with my son, Jem (9), and our daughter, Scout (6 months). We have two cats, a Siamese named Dalton and a black/white kitten named Pepper.
10. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Metal, plastic or wood? I use both straight and circulars. I usually use the straight needles for baby items and circulars for sweaters, lace or big afghans. I prefer bamboo needles.
11. Besides socks, what are your favorite items to knit? I ♥ baby items because they finish so quickly. And I like making sweaters, (as long as they don’t take years).
12. Is there a pattern, (sock or otherwise), that you are dying to try? I’d love to try Cookie’s Rhiannon Socks.
13. Do you like to read? What are you reading currently? I ♥ to read. Right now I’m reading the autobiography of King Henry the 8th.
14. Do you collect music? (On an iPod or MP3 player.) Yes I do. I have an iPod.
15. What kind of music do you listen to? My favorites are Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, Bob Marley, Sublime, T.I., Christina Aguliera and a bunch of other stuff. I pretty much listen to everything.
16. Is there anything you collect? Besides yarn? I used to collect Tigger stuff. I don’t collect too many things anymore. (We’ve moved a lot and I hate packing, ergo I don’t want to pack even more stuff.) Right now I’m into beading. So I’d say I collected beads.
17. What are your hobbies, aside from knitting? Reading, going to the beach, drawing, swimming, a little bit of crochet, watching movies, cooking/baking
18. Are you participating in any other swaps or knit alongs? I was in the Secret Pal 9 and 10 swap and will be in the 11th and I’m in the Hogwarts Sock Swap; I am in a few KAL’s: Rusted Root, Knitting Nature, Cable Along, Knitting Lingerie Style, and probably a few more that I can’t think of at the moment.
19. Do you have a favorite scent? Warm Vanilla Sugar from Bath and Body Works
20. When is your birthday? (You don’t have to add the year if you don’t want to, LOL.) November 27th, 1980