I finished Shawn’s Snake Socks last night. This gives me time to work on the Charlotte’s Web. (The one that I accidently dropped a stitch two rows beneath and am now having to unknit two complete rows of 191 stitches…of LACE.) But that’s ok. I really am trying to stick to working on one big project at a time. My WIP’s are, (finally), decreasing.
Yarn: Koigu KPPM (the stuff I bought from the 50% off sale last month)
Gauge: 8 sts to 1″ on US 1’s
Pattern: I attempted to do that Basketweave pattern from Charlene Schurch’s “More Sensational Knitted Socks”, but it was wrong, (and I have to say that Charlene emailed me! and sent me the right pattern which will probably be the next pair of socks I knit). So I used her template and just did stockinette stitch over 80 sts in the round, Easy Toe and Short Row Heel, with a 1×1 rib for the cuff.
That’s pretty much it.
We ended up not going to the Strawberry Festival, due to finances, which was kind of a bummer. But I did have a chance to sleep in this morning, Shawn made a fantastic breakfast, I went swimming with Jem, and now I’m making manicotti and chocolate cupcakes. (Even though my TMJ flared up, again, yesterday…I’m willing to risk it again with cupcakes. I just won’t open my mouth too wide.) Yum!
Other than that, I am going to do Ann Budd’s 2×2 Toe Up sock from IK Summer 2007 for my Hogwarts Sock Pal in her House Colors and maybe make some headway on the Rowan Flood Sweater since it’s been sitting in the bin for a while.