Here are my Secret Pal 9
Q & A! Now, tell me who you are! 🙂
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Some of my favorite yarns are RYC Cashsoft and Cashcotton, Debbie Bliss Wool/Cotton and Cashmerino, Koigu KPM, Blue Sky Alpaca’s Silk/Alpaca, Lorna’s Laces, and (now) Filatura di Crosa Zara. I don’t like novelty yarns like eyelash or traintrack yarns.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? My Grandma Barbara made me two knitting needle cases, one for straight needles and one for circular. They are really great, except now I need something for my DPN’s.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I started knitting in 2000 I believe. I went to a LYS and told the women I wanted to learn, so they taught me. I’d consider myself being in between intermediate and advanced.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, I have a wish list on Amazon for some new books.
5. What’s your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.) Specifically, I ♥ Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar. But in general I like Vanilla and Melon scented items. I don’t like anything flowery.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Oh Yeah! I love See’s Candies! And I covet Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I am a scrapbooker. I also like to paint, draw, a little bit of crochet and do cake decorating (which I’m currently taking classes for). I don’t spin, but I’d like to learn one day.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) My favorites are: Linkin Park, Fort Minor, Bob Marley, Hawthorne Heights, T.I., Bone Thugs N Harmony, Nelly, Twista, Metallica, The Beatles, Eminem, Faith Hill…I like all types of music. And yes, my computer and stereo can both play MP3’s.
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand? My favorite colors are blue, yellow and brown. I don’t like purple.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? My family consists of: me, my boyfriend, (Shawn), and my 8 year old son (Jem). We are also “expecting” a baby girl mid January. My furbabies are Dalton, (almost 8 year old Gray Seal Point Siamese), and Scarlett (one year old white/tan Red Nose Pit Bull).
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear some scarves, but not too often. Southern California weather doesn’t usually require it. I don’t wear hats or ponchos. I would wear mittens if I found a really nice pair.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I’d have to say anything. I love casting on. I love to knit cables and some challenging patterns.
13. What are you knitting right now? 1. Interlocking Hearts Baby Afghan 2. Sweet Pea Sacque 3. Irish Hiking Scarf 4. Cable Tunic from Vogue 5. Pullover Caftan from Interweave Knits (just the neckline needs to be done) and I think that’s it.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? LOVE TO!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I have mainly bamboo and aluminum needles, but depending on the project depends on if I use straight or circular. Usually I make sweaters and afghans on circular needles since they offer more room. I tend to make baby items on bamboo needles.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes, Shawn’s hands! 🙂 LOL.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? The Debbie Bliss Shawl Collared Sweater that has yet to have the pockets sewn. This was started in February of 2006 for the Knitting Olympics.
18. What is your favorite holiday? I ♥ Thanksgiving. Partially because I was born on Thanksgiving, but mainly because I love to cook and have family together.
19. Is there anything that you collect? I collect Tiggers, though I’ve been slowly giving them away. I just don’t have much room for them…probably because of the yarn stash! 🙂
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I subscribe to Interweave Knits. I buy Vogue when it comes out assuming there are patterns in there that I’d knit. Sometimes I pick up the BHG Knitting magazine too. Right now I would love to get “Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles” by Cat Bordhi and “Knitting for Peace”.
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn? I want to be a good sock knitter. *sigh* I have issues, LOL. I’d also like to learn some new cast on techniques. I’d also like to learn how to dye my own yarn.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Sorta. I’m in the process. I have weird feet, I warn you. I wear a size 9-11 sock and a size 10 shoe (pregnancy has made my feet a whole shoe size bigger). I have a high instep, so I suppose I’ll have to re measure my feet.
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) November 27th, 1980. 🙂